Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:20:55 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        walter@pelissero.org
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NatWest? no thanks

At 10:26 AM 10/31/2001, Walter C. Pelissero wrote:

>Brett Glass writes:
> > Install an ad-blocking proxy such as WebWasher (http://www.webwasher.com/).
> > Most of these can be set to replace your browser's user agent string with
> > whatever you specify.
>
>Are suggesting that I should disguise myself to access a service I pay
>for?  Sounds like freedom of choice is all right as long as you
>practice it undercover.

In the world of computers and computer networks, there are (alas) so
many dolts that one often has no choice. Remember, most such decisions
are made by PHBs (pointy-haired bosses), who in turn make them out of
fear and ignorance. Forgive them, for they know not what they do. And
expect to encounter them, since unless the human race suddenly and
dramatically mutates you will encounter them throughout your life.

--Brett