Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:16:39 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu, Beijing" <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erich@alogreentechnologies.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound card not recognized by freebsd 8.2 but mentioned in PC-BSD 8.2

On 04/16/2011 10:42 AM, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> On Friday 15 April 2011 22:11:05 Zhang Weiwu, Beijing wrote:
>> # kldload snd_driver
> this will never work.
>
> You must load the driver for your sound card. Something like
>
> kldload  snd_hda

I am confused, because the handbook says the opposite:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/sound-setup.html

> To use your sound device, you will need to load the proper device driver.

Then:

> If you are not sure which driver to use, you may try to load the
> snd_driver module:
>
> #  kldload snd_driver
> This is a metadriver loading the most common device drivers at once.

Even though I wish to use only the right driver, the manual didn't say
how can I find which driver is the right one except trying with
snd_driver. It didn't even mention what drivers are there on the system.
One might expect it at /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC but there is
nothing mentioning sound card.

> You must replace snd_hda by the name of the driver for your card.

I'd be glad to try that if you inform me what is the name of the driver
for my card, or point me way to find this information:)

Thanks for answering my mail!

--
我的博客:
http://zhangweiwu.ixiezi.com/