Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:07:46 +0200
From:      kenneth hatteland <kenneth.hatteland@kleppnett.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, leslie@eskk.nu,  Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject:   cups no origin problem SOLVED :)

None of Antons solutions worked. I read the UPDATING file and didn`t get
any smarter.
After plodding through several older discussions on similar subjects I
found this command given by Paul Chvostek may 2008 on the
mail-archive.com :

make all install clean FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=1

I executed it in the cups-base path in ports and voila....the shite
reinstalled nicely.  Portmaster -a then performed as usual on the other
ports.
Can`t say I totally understand what I did....but hey

I am learning something BSD everyday and sometimes even grasp the
concept of it. o`joy of FreeBSD

Thanx for all interest and help Anton Stherenlikht and Leslie Jensen

by the way Anton my platform is FreeBSD 7.2 stable and this machine is
an ageing hp pavilion laptop.....

Blessede be,
Kenneth