Date:      Sun, 01 Jul 2001 02:33:59 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "A. L. Meyers" <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make installworld problem

"A. L. Meyers" wrote:

> Thanks, Kent. Went thru all the steps you recommended with
> exactly the same result.
>
> > > 1. do cvsup supfile
>
> done after reexamining Handbook, config files etc.
>

> > > 2. do make buildworld in /usr/src
>
> done, no problems
>

> > > 3. make buildkernel
>
> done, no problems
>

> > > 4. make installkernel
>
> done, no problems
>

> > > 5. reboot ???
>
> did it and new kernel "4.3 stable" loaded flawlessly
>

> > > 6. make installworld in /usr/src
>
> exited with exactly the same error as in the previous tries.
> pod2man is included in the perl build and install! The openssl
> install simply does not find that file, issues the error message
> you know and makes installworld quit.

I don't have any idea at this point. I expected pod2man to be built when
perl was. You might have to cd in to the src and do make or make
install. The makefile is located in

/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/pod/pod2man/Makefile

It should be in
/usr1/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/pod/pod2man

but the installworld makefile is looking for the /usr/bin version, which
you don't have.

Then try your installworld again.

Kent

> > > 7. mastermerge
> > >

> Still haven't got this far. Do you need any further infos?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Lucien

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA