Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:38:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: vmware 3.0

I'll dig into a bit and see if I find the exact problem/resolution, but I
think it had something to do with the archive not finding the proper path
to perl and not liking the /usr/bin/perl I linked to it.

I know that's pretty vague but I'm cloning a production server right now
(rsync is now my friend), and I'll have to get back into a bit to find out
exactly what I did.

vmware 2.x was a lot easier (it ran out of the box from ports) but by the
time I installed it, the vmware folks were only supplying license keys
(trial) for v 3.0.  Does anyone know of a source for the 2.x licenses
anymore?

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT