Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:00:07 +0300
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to prevent system to launch interactive fsck after improper shutdown and reboot?

On 09/15/10 09:47, Remko Lodder wrote:
> I think this might do your trick:
>
> fsck_y_enable="NO"      # Set to YES to do fsck -y if the initial preen
> fails.
> fsck_y_flags=""         # Additional flags for fsck -y
>
> The reason for this to get interactively is because this  might messup
> with your filesystem, and you are the one responsible for your filesystem,
> not us or the autmated system. So in case you want to "play" with that,
> that's entirely up to you.
>
> In addition, I can imagine that companies (been there done it) do not want
> to fsck -y by default, this because of the mentioned potential corruption
> and dataloss.
>
> Thanks
> remko
>
> p.s. This was found within 5 seconds in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Thanks Remko!
I never had spare 5 secs for this :-), and now when I left my computer
to friends (not computer savvy) they got into this trap. There is no
database... I think installer better asks this question during
installation since many users just run a desktop and -y is pretty much
ok for them.

Thank you again,
Yuri