Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:23:28 +0100
From:      "Remco van 't Veer" <rwvtveer@xs4all.nl>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernsth@nl.euro.net>
Cc:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

Just a guess, at line 129 in bin/tomcat.sh "&" is used to put the
JVM in the background should tomcatctl and the rc.d script not do
the same?

Another thing; why doesn't the rc.d script use tomcatctl?

Remco

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 16:43, Ernst de Haan wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> Just ^C, that won't hurt, except for that your pkg database may assume that
> the port is not installed (so you'll have to delete
> /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat3.2.3/ yourself).
>
> Then try:
>
>    tomcatctl start
>
> Perhaps I should add an option that makes the script more verbose. I have no
> idea what the problem could be. Lemme know, and I'll try to fix this ASAP.
>
> I'm using the port with JDK 1.3.1 native as well...
>

> Ernst
>
> On Monday 04 February 2002 16:08, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > I just tried the port and I get the following (using JDK1.3.1 native)
> >
> > ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> > Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.3 has been installed in /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat3.2.3.
> > Use 'man tomcatctl' for information about starting and stopping Jakarta
> > Tomcat.
> > Starting Jakarta Tomcat...
> >
> > Except that it hangs there.
> >
> > Tom Veldhouse
> > veldy@veldy.net

We endeavor to engage turn-key mega-schemas and expertly envision
our real-time interfaces to take us ahead of the competition.