Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2004 04:29:20 -0800
From:      "Mike Maltese" <mike@pcmedx.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Where is 4.9-STABLE?

> Where can I download ISO images for the latest 4.9-STABLE? All I found was
> weird japanese site, that is either not responsive, or lets you download
> 15k/s.
>
> I do not want to CVSup; I just want a clean, full install of 4.9-STABLE.

Normally the procedure would be to get the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp floppy
images from the releng4.freebsd.org FTP server. Then you would put the
images on floppy, boot from them, then install the latest snapshot over the
Internet. These are usually pretty current. As a matter of fact, there is
already a snap for 3/06. The problem is that releng4 appears to be down and
the only mirrors I can find are heinously slow.

Anyone know what happened to releng4?