Date:      Tue, 25 May 2004 01:24:15 +0000
From:      Andy Smith <andy@freebsdwiki.org>
To:        FreeBSD STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with 4.10 and mysql

--tKy6e3LXpfmanBFM

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 02:12:32AM +0300, Vitalij wrote:
> > Has anyone else seen this ? I am using the system on a test
> > server and am loathe to upgrade the production machines just in case
> > it *isnt* simply some quirk of this machine.
>=20
> I have similar problem.
>=20
> Aborted connection XX to db: 'db' user: 'user' host: 'localhost' (Got an =
error reading communication packets)
>=20
> Do you builded mysql BUILD_OPTIMIZED=3Dyes (default no)?

I had this too, on a fresh install of FreeBSD 4.9 a week or so ago.
It went away when I upgraded the port, so I didn't investigate
further.  Both versions of the port were built with:

        'databases/mysql40-server' =3D> [
                'BUILD_OPTIMIZED=3Dyes',
                'WITH_LINUXTHREADS=3Dyes',
        ],

--=20
http://freebsdwiki.org/ - Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0xBF15490B

"I saw a subliminal advertising executive, but only for a second."
 -- Steven Wright

--tKy6e3LXpfmanBFM

--tKy6e3LXpfmanBFM--