Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:21:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: auto ports build script

Another thing I forgot to mention is that there are quite a few
international ports (mostly in Japanese) that just completely
conflicts with their English-only counterparts.  I solve this problem
by building japanese first and then deinstalling them all before going
on to the rest of the tree.

This problem is only going to get worse as we get more international
users (and thus porters), and is really not worth solving (thus my
proposal to sidestep it).

Satoshi