Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:45:27 +0200
From:      "Daniel Blankensteiner" <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   booting and inetd

Hi again

Still using FreeBSD 4.4 on a i386 :-)

When FreeBSD boots it read scripts and other files from:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d (all *.sh files)
/etc/rc (and all rc.* files)
/boot
right? are there more?

So a service like sendmail or sshd can be started at boot time by any of
these files, but when you killall -HUP inetd. Then you close all services
and only start them listed (not #'ed) in /etc/inetd.conf?
But when I restart inetd, nothing happens, all services are still running?
(and I have #'ed all services in /etc/inetd.conf).

br
db