Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:44:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo@righi.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   big TCP problem

Hello,
I would have never expected to  have    such  a trouble
with FreeBSD,  with usually  is  very  good   as a  server  sytem.

When I download  from my FreeBSD box on 10Mbps  backbone   I have
a rate of 300kb/sec

when  I upload to my box  from the same host I downloaded ( and I
Teryedalso from many other hosts) II have a rate of 30kb/sec

this is really  a trouble.
I have 3.0-STABLE
what I have to do to fix this problem ?
I have excellent bandwith on my net and so  poor ppperformance with my box
in uploading a file  with  ftp.

anyone has an idea why this thing happens ?

thanks

Rick