Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:10:29 +0200
From:      "Dirk van der Zee" <dirk.van.der.zee@e-wise.nl>
To:        <FreeBSD-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: fxp0 timeout errors

I have exactly the same problem  with a Dell PowerApp 120.
Although I posted a question on April 25 (see below) I never got an
answer.

We contacted Dell to check in their database to see if they had
information about this kind of problems with no results. It looks like
this is some kind of software bug.

We had the problem on four separate occasions in April but after that
the problem didn't occur anymore although nothing changed in the
configuration.

There is a history of problems with fxp (during multipe versions) which
never seems really solved. I wonder if this is realy hardware related or
some (structural) driver problem.

We could upgrade to 4.6 when it's out but I doubt if this solves the
problem.

Dirk