Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 95 21:03:22 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jbeukema@HK.Super.NET (John Beukema)
Cc:        toor@jsdinc.root.com, davidg@Root.COM, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Speed increase at CTM src-cur 304?

> Excuse my ignorance but what is the current relationship between FreeBSD
> and BSD4.4 lite?  That is, are these improvements, bug fixes to vm etc. a)
> also fixes to BSD4.4 lite, b) strictly hardware dependent and therefore
> separate, c) co-ordinated with BSD4.4 or d) generating one more new flavor
> of BSD?

In order with spin added?

Successor.  One of several.

No.  BSD4.4 lite is no longer being developed.

No, it's not strictly hardware dependent.

No.  BSD4.4 lite is no longer being developed.

Arguable.  Can you have a new flavor of something that is no longer
being developed?  Or is it the first flavor of FreeBSD?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.