Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:30:01 +0100
From:      Jan Srzednicki <w@wrzask.pl>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: connect() returns EADDRINUSE during massive host->host conn rate

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 10:22:08AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Jan Srzednicki wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a pair of hosts. One of them performs a massive amount of
>> TCP connections to the other one, all to the same port. This setup
>> mostly works fine, but from time to time (that varies, from once a
>> minute to one a half an hour), the connect(2) syscall fails with
>> EADDRINUSE. The connection rate tops to 50 connection
>
> so, what does netstat -aAn show?

How can I get any usable information from netstat? It shows a bunch of
connections, of course, but since connect(2) failed, I have no idea what
local port I was trying to use.

And, what I forgot to mention, it's a SMP box, which could matter in
case of some race condition.

--
  Jan Srzednicki  ::  http://wrzask.pl/
  "Remember, remember, the fifth of November"