Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 02:01:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Michael Francioch <mafrancioch@ucdavis.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Obtaining binaries.

This is obviously hopeless newbie territory, but I'm assuming everyone
has to spend a brief time there...I'm hoping that downloading and
installing FreeBSD will teach me a good bit of Unix, since until now it
has been strictly "get", "ls", etc. -- the bare minimum.

Okay: how do I dowinload the entire set of binaries from /bindist into my
home directory. Then, assuming I can get the boot floppy to work (it
hasn't so far, not sure why) -- where do I put the binaries (floppies?)
in order to install the thing (yes, I'm too cheap to buy the cd right now)

I've read the faq, the roadmap, etc., but they are assuming more base
knowledge than I posess.

Any suggestions (constructive, please) would be appreciated via direct
e-mail or otherwise. Thanks.

Mike Francioch
mafrancioch@ucdavis.edu