Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 12:50:48 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Breaker <breaker@nw.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with installing FreeBSD via DOS Partition.

Breaker wrote:

> Hello, :)

> Error mounting DOS Partition /dev/wd0s2 : Invalid argument (22)
>                                                         (100%)
>  C: drive is a FAT 32 drive, and if
> anything, I'm *pretty* sure D: is a FAT 16 Drive. I run Win95 on C: and
> I'm not real keen on having to eat into its partition for anything. I've

Hi,

The bad news is - if you used the Win'95 FDISK to create the D: drive then
it's going to be FAT32 as well... I'm pretty sure that once Win'95 FDISK has
seen a FAT32 partition on the system it will create everything as FAT32...
Though I am willing to be proven wrong... (FAT32 is apparently supported
under 3.0-CURRENT at the moment, but not any of the 2.2.X stable
branches...)

How do you know D: is FAT16 anyway? - I can't actually think of anything
that's going to tell you easily... :-(

Regards,

Karl Pielorz