Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:35:26 +0100
From:      peter h <peter@hk.ipsec.se>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: about thumper aka sun fire x4500

On Tuesday 17 January 2012 22.52, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Hi, all,
>=20
> Am 17.01.2012 um 18:59 schrieb peter h <peter@hk.ipsec.se>:
>=20
> > I have been beating on of these a few days, i have udes freebsd 9.0 and=
 8.2
> > Both fails when i engage > 10 disks, the system craches and messages :
> > "Hyper transport sync flood" will get into the BIOS errorlog ( but noth=
ing will
> > come to syslog since reboot is immediate)
> >=20
> > Using a zfs radz of 25 disks and typing "zpool scrub" will bring the sy=
stem down in seconds.
> >=20
> > Anyone using a x4500 that can comfirm that it works ? Or is this box br=
oken ?
>=20
> Well, I hate to write that, but ... does it work with the vendor supporte=
d [tm] OS?
> If yes, you can rule out a hardware defect. I would at least try Solaris =
for this reason.
> If no, the HW is broken and there is no need to look for a fault on FreeB=
SD's side.
>=20
> Kind regards,
> Patrick
>=20
today i installed nexenta ( 134) , built a simular raidz and it _seems_ to =
stay up.
I'll come back when i have made the same pressure on it.

=2D-=20
        Peter H=E5kanson  =20

        There's never money to do it right, but always money to do it
        again ... and again ... and again ... and again.
        ( Det =E4r billigare att g=F6ra r=E4tt. Det =E4r dyrt att laga fel.=
 )