Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:05:48 +0000
From:      "Owen O' Shaughnessy" <owen.oshaughnessy@gmail.com>
To:        Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.1 & Postgresql

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2013 19:00, "Owen O' Shaughnessy" <owen.oshaughnessy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Wondering if anybody else has tried installing Postgres from packages?
>>
>> I have used pkg_add -r to install postgresql-server and
>> postgresql-client, both installed sucessfully, I've got server and
>> client binaries and libraries but no configuration files for the
>> server.
>
> You realise pkg_add -r postgresql-server doesn't work, right?  :)  You have
> to specify postgresql90-server.

Discovered that today, about 15 builds ago :-)

> Also, 9.1 packages aren't available, so I'm at a loss as to how these
> commands worked at all as you claimed.

Its a scripted build environment for nanobsd, which used to halt at a
package error, but someone seems to have fixed that "bug", so when it
ran quiet assumptions kicked in. With that and other errors fixed, it
is now pulling down postgresql92-server.tbz, but still not getting the
config fiiles / init scripts.

I'm thinking its probably just not meant to be. I'll potter on here,
might find something, sorry for the wasted bandwidth, and thanks for
the pointers, they actually did help get me past the assumptions.

Owen.