Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:55:45 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding -lc_r to build for apache1/2 ...

Is there something I can add to make.conf to have -lc_r built into various
applications (apache1/2, php, etc) by default?  I've been burnt a few
times with not having it built that way, and would just like to save
myself the headache ...

Example: accidentally build libxml2 with threading, then then try to use
PHP when not built with -lc_r ... or, build python with threading, then
build mod_python, and watch apache crash due to missing -lc_r library :(

Thanks ...

----