Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 18:28:38 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Martin Jangowski <bsd@birdland.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a perceived need for a 2.1.8 release?

In message
<Pine.BSF.3.94.970419185000.21106A-100000@birdland.rhein-neckar.de>
Martin Jangowski writes:
: Of course! As master over 11 heavily loaded machines, all running 2.1.7.1
: very successfully, I can't see myself changing them all to 2.2.x. I think
: that 2.1.7.1 is going to stay for a long time, so I'd appreciate the idea
: of fixing security bugs in the 2.1.x-line very much.

I plan on continuing to integrate security fixes into 2.1.x that I
make to -current and 2.2.x until such time as it is obvious no body
cares (generally that means that I get/see 1 request for this sort of
thing every month or two).

Sadly, I have stopped any other activity in the 2.1.x branch.  I've
moved all the machines I have at that rev to newer versions a while
ago and am happy at that rev.

Warner