Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:38:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Passive mode for ftp

Two things:

1. If you pull the IPV6 stuff out of your kernel, ftp seems to work fine,
I assume it must "ifdef" the problematic parts of the ftp program out.  I
have a number of machines running -stable and have no problems, but I also
always comment out the v6 stuff.

2. cap_mkdb is to be run like so whenever you've changed login.conf:
"cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf".  You will have to log out (all the way to the
login prompt if you're at the console) and log back in for changes to take
effect.  A reboot should not be necessary.

Charles

(this may not make it to the list, netsol is doing naughty things with my
domain)

---
Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
---
                     "...there's no idea that's so good you can't
                      ruin it with a few well-placed idiots."