Date:      24 Apr 1998 21:21:26 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   emacs 20 with leim port?

Hello,

There is emacs-20.2 port in ports-current. But it is not
internationalized for east-asian and other several language users via
integrated mule facility new in emacs 20.

Why emacs 20 with leim(multilingual support and input method?) is not
ported to FreeBSD?

Recently I made one for Korean language(default setup), but there are
more than Korean language. I think it can be ported to various
language(e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, or so...), so I hesitated
doing send-pr.

Anyone can make other language ports for providing some localized
site-init.el when installing. But making each language ports is
expensive and consume more disk(emacs 20 is a big package). I have no
good idea. Whan can I do?

For example, ko-emacs-20.2 ports is(experimental)

 ftp://jazz.snu.ac.kr/pub/unix/FreeBSD-kr/local_ports/emacs-leim-20.2-ports.tar.gz

It is based on editors/emacs20 ports, and I added leim distribution
and site-init.el code for Korean.

--
 ----Cool FreeBSD!----MSX Forever!---J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!----
  CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>  http://jazz.snu.ac.kr/~junker