Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 04:03:47 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape ported to Qt (fwd)

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Robert Watson wrote:

> Sounds fun.  I haven't tried it under the Linux emulator yet, as I don't
> get great connectivity with Norway :).  Would no doubt make a great port,
> however.
>
>   Robert N Watson

It's fun all right. Actually it compiles on FreeBSD as well (with some
very minor tweaking (add -L/usr/X11R6/lib in QT front-end  Makefile and
likes).
A nessessary QT snapshot is at ftp://ftp.troll.no/qt/snapshots. And it's
really alot faster than (Mo/Less)tif version, and with (obviously) not as
large memory footprint.

Regards,
Vladimir

<Most of the original announcement omitted>