Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:54:57 +0100
From:      "Gilles" <gantonet@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:    Pccard - Xircom Global Access Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 + modem 56

Laptop Compaq Presario 1630 - AMD 233
Freebsd 3.3 October 1999
Xircom Global Access Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 + modem 56

----

Hi,
I am trying to get the system up and running with networking to upgrade to
4.2 via FTP.
I have a problem configuring my laptop for networking.

I compiled the PCCARD kernel so that 'xe' device (Xircom) is probed.

dmesg gives me:

ex0 not found
le0 not found
... not found
xe0: probe                                        <-- here
xe0 not found                                    <-- & here
cs0 not found at 0x300

I created the device

> mknod xe0 c 50 0                    (not sure if this is what I have to
do)

Thanks to let me know how to get it to work,
Gilles