Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:34:55 -0700
From:      Aaron Smith <aaron-fbsd@mutex.org>
To:        James FitzGibbon <james@ehlo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CPU states at 0.0% on 3.2-R SMP box ?

this is a problem with an rtc interrupt being lost, which apparently wedges
up all further rtc interrupts. i solved it by searching the mailing list
archives and located this post:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=54158+0+archive/1999/freebsd-smp/19990607.freebsd-smp

(in case the URL doesn't work for some reason it's by bob wilcox from may
20, the patch is supposedly from tor egge(?) and it patches clkintr).

once i applied the patch i never saw any weirdness.

apparently this is a temporary workaround? can somebody explain more fully?
what cost am i paying for a patch named "BROKEN_RTC_KLUDGE"?

Aaron Smith