Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 00:34:14 +0000
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        allen campbell <allenc@verinet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: US Immigration (was: Funny, but true...)

On Jun 17,  9:06pm, allen campbell wrote:
> Subject: Re: US Immigration (was: Funny, but true...)
> > I take it that you are referring to the systematic way that the
> > rich got richer and the poor got poorer, the disappearance of the
> > middle class through tax law changes?  I agree "America today" is
> > not "America-as it was" then.  sigh!
> >
> > Frank
>
> So what are you Frank, rich or poor?

Why do you ask?

> Where I live you stand a good chance of getting killed by errant
> contractor vehicles hauling building material for the new houses
> of the 'disappearing' middle class.  If the middle class is
> disappearing anywhere it's up.  Whether they know it or not.

>From your view of things perhaps you are correct. Life is gooood!! You know, he
who dies with the most toys wins, doesn't he.

> I just slithered into a new place myself.  Prior to me this was
> farmland.  Damn prairie dogs.  Maybe I'll ease my vanishing middle
> class conscience and buy a '98 VW Beetle.

Sounds like just the thing which any suburbanite needs.  Prairie Dogs and
farmland would be the first two things that come to my mind as un-needed.  Keep
an eye open for those construction vehicles lest they make the endangered
species list.

Frank