Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:14:31 EST
From:      RTOYA@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I'm thinking.

Freebsd,

I'm thinking about installing FreeBSD because I'm curious. I have heard that
it is THE most stable OS out there (even beats Microsoft Windows).

What I would like to know is if FreeBSD can run all the programs I already
have on my pc that my Windows 98 OS runs. I.E., Sid Meier's Civil War, Corel
Perfect Works, America Online, Juno, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, the
programs that run my scanner and printer, Star Trek Starfleet Command, etc.

Is it true that we can use your source code for FreeBSD to make our own
personal OS from scratch, or modify FreeBSD to fit our needs?

Novice PC/techno lover.