Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 13:40:09 -0600
From:      "Patrick Light" <GPL3866@bjcmail.carenet.org>
To:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PicoBSD boot error?

Sounds like the floppy might have a bad sector.  Did you format the disk =
with DOS before dd'ing it?  That usually clears up bad sector problems.

>>> "Fischer, Roger" <RFischer@PanAmSat.com> 04/01 1:08 PM >>>
Sorry for jumping to the mailing list so fast.
I couldn't find any documentation on the website.

I downloaded the "dialup" version of PicoBSD
and installed it on a floppy.

When I tried to boot it on an IBM ThinkPad 600,
I got the welcome screen and then the following
error, repeating over and over and over...
	Error: D:0x0 C:6 H:1 S:7
	Error: D:0x0 C:6 H:1 S:7
	Error: D:0x0 C:6 H:1 S:7
	Error: D:0x0 C:6 H:1 S:7
	Error: D:0x0 C:6 H:1 S:7
	Error: D:0x0 C:6 H:1 S:7

Is there an installation FAQ or something I can go
to so I don't need to bother the mailing list with
trivial questions like this?

Thanks,
Roger

Roger G. Fischer