Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:37:18 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Simon Chang <sector214@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Correct procedure for cross-compilation

on 22/10/2010 19:27 Simon Chang said the following:

>     Try the other way around - it's better to run install{kernel,world} on the same
>     machine were you did the build.
>     DESTDIR is your friend too.
>
>     --
>     Andriy Gapon
>

> Andriy,
>
> But if I run installkernel and installworld on the same machine, I won't be able
> to install the 32-bit binaries on the slow 32-bit machines that I have.
>
> The whole point is to use a fast machine (the AMD 64) to cross-build 32-bit
> binaries and install them onto the slower, 32-bit machines.
>
> Also, how would you use DESTDIR in this case?

I got your point the first time.
The idea is to run installworld on your fast machine.  You did everything
correctly for the build, BTW.
I guess that you should be able now to see how to use DESTDIR in that case :-)

P.S. there is something unconventional about how your mail client handles quoting
of replied to emails.
--
Andriy Gapon