Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 1999 11:38:13 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <niall@pobox.com>
To:        Zach Brown <zab@zabbo.net>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poll() scalability

> > could buffer siginfo's in user space, although this introduces
> > complexity if you want the ability to cancel queued signals...
>
> yes, that is the hard part :)

Well, how about the kernel passes siginfo and siginfo_cancel events
up to userland, siginfo will remove any siginfo's from its buffer
that it sees a siginfo_cancel event for -- naturally we need a flag
to tell siginfo when to poll for events, this flag would be
set by the function which cancels siginfo's.  Would this work?  Is
it worth the complexity?

Regards,

Niall