Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 05:58:42 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        Adam Fabian <afabian@turingmachine.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make search name/key broken with ports directory moved

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 03:27:14PM -0500, Adam Fabian wrote:
> Since I moved my ports directory, I *think*, make search name and
> make search key don't do anything.  I stuck my ports directory under
> /home since /usr was getting a bit tight.  I set PORTSDIR=/home/usr/ports
> in make.conf, which is where my ports tree is.  Now, make search
> name and make search key don't do anything.  No error messages, no
> output whatsoever, exit code of 0.

As another poster noted, a symbolic link from /usr/ports to the new
location should work fine.  I shifted mine into my home directory after
running out of space on /usr:

mv /usr/ports /home/munk
ln -s /home/munk/ports /usr/ports

Aside from that though, check out the portsearch utility - it has a lot
to offer over 'make search' - it's located here:

/usr/ports/Tools/scripts/portsearch

or whereever you've put your ports now :P

Good luck.
--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer