Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:41:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg@cm110119.cableco-op.com>
To:        Arjan <lists@alpha.nl>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Swapping off swapspace

The 'culprit' on my 2.2.6 box is Netscape.  It appears to have a memory
leak.  I have 150MB of swap space and regulary get to 80% full - using top
to monitor it.

Sometimes I have to kill [close] multiple xwindows programs to get it down
to a respectable 60% full <g>.

I am new to using Xwindows - just set it up in the last few weeks, but
have never seen this on any of our other FreeBSD boxes - each running as
mail or web servers.  On those boxes never even looked at the swap space
until I saw it filling up on my new home toy.

Jeff