Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 08:17:41 -0700
From:      "Mike Schmitt" <mike@dizzydev.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Booting 3.1

> 	Do you have a large hard disk, with the FreeBSD root partition
> outside the first 1024 (logical) disk cylinders? If so, then that is
> quite likely to be the reason.

This may very well be it -- I'll check once I'm on the machine later today.

If this is the case, why is a warning not issued when the system is set up?
I assume that after doing the fdisk and slice partitioning, enough
information is available to tell the user that their disk/slice setup will
not allow the system to boot ...

Just a thought.  :P

Mike