Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:29:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        beattie@aracnet.com (Brian Beattie)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDF

It seems Brian Beattie wrote:
> I have been looking at UDF ( the filesystem used on CD-RW and DVD's ).  I
> was wondering if anybody was working on it.  I'm thinking about trying to
> implement it for CD-RW's and would like to avoid duplication of effort and
> the anoyance of getting half way through the effort and having somebody
> else show up with a completed implementation.

I have it on my TODO list, but I'm not started yet, and probably wont for
some time to come.
The reason I've put it on the backburner for now, is that DVD's can
be read using the cd9660 filesystem, and that is sufficient for my
needs for the time being.
I have however started to implement the needed functionality in the
ata driver, so we should probably coordinate that part of the matter..

-Søren