Date:      Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:15:34 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish@planet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which mail server is the best for me?

Kiffin Gish wrote:
> I would like to setup a mail server but am a little confused about whether
> to use sendmail, qmail, postfix or whatever. Basically my web server is a
> simple one to be used for personal use with maybe no more than a 10-20 mail
> accounts.
>
> What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of each choice, and where can I
> find more information comparing them?

But to answer you - if you want fast, no frills, nothing fancy,

Sendmail/qopper - I prefer Postfix, but then you may not wish to spend
the time learning all the nifty things you can do with it. Postfix "can"
be a chore - as with any mail server. It's all up to you and how much
you are willing to invest.

--
Best regards,
Chris