Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:48:57 -0600
From:      Bill Goering <bgoering@ilsmart.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bind negative cache poison

Hi All,

Since my upgrade to 4.10 Stable in mid-Octobor I have been experiencing
some named cache
poisoning. This is remarkebly similar to problems that I had back around
September of 2003 that
were  fixed then for the 4.9 version of FreeBSD. I guess the questions for
the group are:

1. Has anyone else seen this?
2. Is it possible the fix got dropped in the 4.10 release?

Thanks...version information follows

-su-2.05b# nslookup -q=txt -class=CHAOS version.bind. 0
Server:  localhost.domain.com
Address:  127.0.0.1

VERSION.BIND    text = "8.3.7-REL"

FreeBSD dummy.domain.com 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #8: Sat Oct 16
19:49:
29 CDT 2004     root@dummy.domain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUMMY  i386