Date:      Fri, 5 May 2017 12:17:06 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>, Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: diff and submissions

Le 05/05/2017 =C3=A0 08:16, Franco Fichtner a =C3=A9crit :
>> On 4. May 2017, at 10:20 AM, Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>
>> If you went as far as being able to create a pull request, you can do =
>> git show HEAD or git diff origin/trunk...HEAD and submit that in the
>> FreeBSD PR as well.
> It's pretty easy to extract the diff from a PR on GitHub, just append
> ".diff", and ".patch" works too, but gives the full git commit history:=

> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/pull/62.diff

Yes, I am aware of that, the problem with github pull requests is that
they are outside of the FreeBSD bug report process, they do not get
assigned to maintainers, nobody notices them, they just stay there, and
get obsolete.
There have been 61 before, yes, I closed a lot because they were
obsolete because it is outside of our process and nobody noticed them,
and for the rest either asked the submitter to open a PR on our
bugzilla, or opened one myself.

--=20
Mathieu Arnold