Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:22:15 -0400
From:      "D G Teed" <donald.teed@gmail.com>
To:        DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: hardware problem

Every system I've seen with his description of the problem, where
the power supply can't even run it's own fan, is having a power supply
problem.  Power supplies are very often low quality these days and can't
handle the stresses of typical electrical grid fluctuations.  Most people
who deal with hardware have a spare power supply around just for
testing as this is a very common problem.  Motherboards typically
do not stop power supply fans when they can't post.