Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:55:59 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Manfred Antar <manfredantar@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LUA boot loader coming very soon

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Manfred Antar <manfredantar@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> Hi
> How do i get the menu back after switching to LUA loader?
> I=E2=80=99m using a comconsole. Before the switch to LUA I had a menu and=
 a little devil with pitchfork:)
> Now just get the countdown from 10 , then boot.
> Here is my loader.conf.local:
>
> console=3D"comconsole"
> beastie_disable=3D"NO"
> hw.vga.textmode=3D1
> kern.vt.spclkeys=3D15
> nvidia_load=3D"YES"
> linux_common_load=3D"YES"
> linux_load=3D"YES"
> linprocfs_load=3D"YES"
> linsysfs_load=3D=E2=80=9CYES"

Hmm... seems that there was a miscommunication at some point, and the
menu is disabled explicitly on serial boots. console=3D"comconsole" is
enough to disable this in lualoader land. An excerpt from an e-mail I
was forwarded regarding this:

if $console contains (space or comma separated) "efi" then do
not draw a menu (fall back to autoboot routine).

if $beastie_disable is set to "YES" (case insensitive), then do not
draw a menu (fall back to autoboot routine).

We are clearly doing this wrong. I will fix it ASAP.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans