Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:25:48 -0700
From:      "Chris Moody" <camoody@pacbell.net>
To:        "Questions FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>, "Newbie FreeBSD" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dialing up to Pac Bell's ISP

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BEC1C5.EF9B4100

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else out there had Pacific Bell's Internet =
Service?

I was able to install my copy of FreeBSD over Pac Bell's ISP, but I =
can't figure out how to set it up correctly now that I have FreeBSD =
installed. I think the problem is that I don't know how to set the =
Default Gateway, when I installed FreeBSD, I configured it to the =
Sacramento DNS Server.

I've gone through the ppp man page, and tried everything in their, but I =
still don't connect. When I get to the Login: prompt (using term) after =
typing in my login name, I always get %Authorization Failure, or =
something like that. And I believe somehow this is because I don't have =
my Gateway setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Chris

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BEC1C5.EF9B4100

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello everyone,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was wondering if anyone else out =
there had=20
Pacific Bell's Internet Service?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was able to install my copy of =
FreeBSD over Pac=20
Bell's ISP, but I can't figure out how to set it up correctly now that I =
have=20
FreeBSD installed. I think the problem is that I don't know how to set =
the=20
Sacramento DNS=20
Server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've gone through the ppp man page, and =
tried=20
everything in their, but I still don't connect. When I get to the Login: =
prompt=20
(using term) after typing in my login name, I always get %Authorization =
Failure,=20
or something like that. And I believe somehow this is because I don't =
have my=20
Gateway setup.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help would be greatly =
appreciated,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BEC1C5.EF9B4100--