Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 13:16:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        DARREND@novell.com (Darren Davis)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: COFF 386 X Windows application.

> OK, here's the scoop.  I have an X windows application that is a 386 COFF
> binary.  When run from X, the application hangs.  The message printed on
> the console is:
>
> IBCS2: 'sysi86' function 114(0x72) not implemented yet
>
> Does current have support for this?  What is a person without source to
> the application to do?  (woe is me).  I really would like to get this working.
>  If I remember rightly, Terry was stating something like the sysi86 function
> doesn't fully work or something like that if my memory serves me.  I believe
> I have my IBCS emulation stuff set up correctly (I followed the FAQ).

Most of the sysi86 functionality is a hack Sean Eric Fagan put together
for the call that does math coprocessor detection; specifically, it was
as a result of a bug report that I made when I was running WSU's SVR3
Lotus 1-2-3, Word Perfect, and Sybase packages under IBCS2.

Basically, sysi86 is what SCO calls their VM86() interface to allow
protected mode programs to make DOS calls.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.