Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:41:43 -0800
From:      henry tieman <henryt@aracnet.com>
To:        "francesco ( trini )" <trini4mail@yahoo.it>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I wanna buy a portable HD via USB

francesco ( trini ) wrote:

> Hello , i want know if can i buy a portable HD to use with my Toshiba
> notebook with USB connection. There is a possibility that a HD work
> with USB connection on my Freebsd-5.4-prerelease ?
> Thanks

I have three different USB hard drives. They have all worked on every
operating system I have tried - XP, Fedora core 2, FreeBSD 4.9 and
FreeBSD 5.3. I do not think you will have an issue if you purchase a
recent model USB hard disk enclosure.

FreeBSD was the hardest to get it working on, but I do have them working
with FreeBSD. I built the FBSD 4 kernel with umass and ehci(high speed USB).

Henry

--
Henry Tieman
Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.