Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:35:59 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Metrowerks to Release Linux version of CodeWarrior

Brett Glass wrote:

> OK, how quickly can we convince these guys to port to FreeBSD?

We may not need to.  If it's an ELF binary, and links with ELF libraries,
it may just work with FreeBSD-3.0 libraries and header files.  This may
be an ideal opportunity for the very first "Works with FreeBSD!" branded
application.

Do they have a download available yet?  I'm willing to test it, but I
usually don't upgrade to the next version of FreeBSD until I get the
CD, since I'm stuck at the wrong end of an analog modem for connectivity.

(I'm wondering if they provide their own header files and libraries.
If so, this may be a fly in the ointment, unless we can force it to
ignore them and use the system ones.)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com