Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:30:06 +0000
From:      "Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        Tuomo Latto <djv@iki.fi>, "thierry@FreeBSD.org" <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: fr-med-3.0.6_3

On 03/16/2014 05:03 AM, Tuomo Latto wrote:
> Any chance of getting fr-med updated?
> It seems the newer stable version of aster contains
> med 3.0.7 package and the old aster version is no
> longer available.
> I'm asking because not only does the octave-forge
> optional package octave-forge-msh require fr-med but the
> non-optional octave-forge-bim requires it as well.
> So, as far as I can tell octave-forge is currently
> broken because of this.
>=20

octave-forge-bim is brought in as a dependency on other packages - I
think they are octave-forge-sec1d and octave-forge-sec3d.  So switch off
those packages as well, and octave-forge should build just fine.

(Really, you need to go through a process of trial and error to see
which packages are brought in as dependencies of other packages.)