Date:      02 Dec 2000 23:37:45 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting ISDN working under FreeBSD 4.1.1 (STILL NOT!)

>My aim here with the isdn configuration is to get my isdn gateway at
>home to connect to my ISP (BT Internet). The machine is a dual
>celeron. It is currently running FreeBSD 4.1.1.

> Kernel
> -----------
> options         IPFIREWALL
> options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
> options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
> options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
> options         IPDIVERT
>
> pseudo-device   sppp
> options         TEL_S0_16_3
> device          isic0   at isa? port 0xd80 irq5 flags 3
> pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
> pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
> pseudo-device   "i4b"
> pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        1
> pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
> pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       1
> pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        1
> pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"

> # I'm using the 0.90 drivers. I tested the 0.95 drivers, but reverted to those
> # coming with FreeBSD 4.x

-- MUCH OF EIRIK'S POST SNIPPED --

I've adjusted my goals. I just want to get a machine running FreeBSD
4.1.1 to connect to my ISP and be able to ping a machine in the
outside world.

I have followed the i4b instructions as best I can, and at boot time
my machine configures a device called i4b, but doesn't do much more. I
can't see if it's dialing or not. Where do I look for this? How can I
force it to dial my ISP and watch the results? Do I have to setup any
normal PPP stuff to get this working? If so, what?

I'm really at a loss. My kernel has ISDN stuff compiled in as per the
above post. It is probably worth mentioning that the machine is a dual
celeron with a SMP kernel running.

Thanks, again :)

-Wayne-
--