Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:24:40 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Smashing Bill Gates necessary?

This thread is very much like arguing religion and politics... there is
never and end to such debates, and I ignored it until now...

"...I wouldn't want to harm the guy, but I'd sure like to have seen MS
broken up.  You think it would hurt him?  I sincerely doubt it...."

I doubt if Bill ever dreamed he would become as big as he did, but only in
America... But, just to bust him up without any real good reason is akin to
the phrase.." I am warmed by the fires that burn others..." When a company
becomes too big is in the eyes of the beholder and unlike other monopolies
that force you to use them without other alternative, the software business
is very fast-moving... things can be changed by that other fellow out there
working on something really big in his garage... and ole Bill could become
little again before he can dream of that too.... leave the market alone as
long as you have a choice! We shouldn't just complain because some one
became hugely successful... it inspires others to produce those new toys
for us.

Okay... I'm bracing for the next shot...!! (I knew I shouldn't have said
anything!)

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin