Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:03:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        nick.hibma@jrc.it, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, usb-bsd@egroups.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB scanners?

> No, I don't have one yet.  I was thinking of buying a scanner, and it
> seemed to be a logical thing to buy a USB scanner and write a driver
> for FreeBSD.
>
> I suppose I could contact all the scanner manufacturers and ask for
> programming docco.  Does anybody have any leads?

this is a painful road in my experience. I suggest that you look at the
SANE web page and see if there are pointers to documentation.

HP has some documentation of the language (SCL ?) used by its SCSI
scanners but i don't know to what degree it applies to non-SCSI
units.

	cheers
	luigi
  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)

		  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ngc99/
====  First International Workshop on Networked Group Communication  ====