Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:49:36 +0200
From:      "Lasse Laursen" <laursen@netgroup.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@lists.freebsd.org
Subject:   LSILogic MegaRAID megamonitor under FreeBSD 5.1

Hi all,

We have a FreeBSD 5.1 server with a LSILogic MegaRAID controller.

amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID> mem 0xecc00000-0xecffffff irq 7 at device 5.1 on
pci1
amr0: <Series 466> Firmware GH67, BIOS 1.42, 16MB RAM

The controller is attached to two SCSI disks and the RAID is RAID 1.

I have looked for some kind of utility to control (see status, rebuild, etc)
the RAID and found this:

http://people.freebsd.org/~emoore/MegaRAID_SCSI/

However the program seems not to be working under 5.1 - according to their
documentation it's written and tested under 5.0.

When I start up the application I get a 'Starting MegaMonitor' but the
program still doesn't startup.

I was hoping that someone could give me some clues or point me to a current
version that works under FreeBSD 5.1

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards
--
Lasse Laursen · VP, Hosting Technology · NetGroup A/S
St. Kongensgade 40H · DK-1264 Copenhagen K, Denmark

- Don't be fooled by cheap finnish imitations - BSD is the One True Code