Date:      Fri, 03 Jan 1997 19:05:07 MET
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        pdonner@cisco.com (Paul G. Donner)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A few questions.

> ===========
> QUESTION #1
> ===========
>
> Does anyone know where I can find the following utilities for
> FreeBSD/386:
>
> (1) g++ 2.7.2 or higher
> (2) lib g++ 2.7.1
> (3) flex

In the bin-distribution of FreeBSD 2.2 and FreeBSD-current.
Just install one of those releases and type g++ --version.
To install have a look in www.FreeBSD.org.

> ===========
> QUESTION #2
>
> I am executing /stand/sysinstall to attempt this.  My first attempt
> was to try to get gateD to install.  I still don't have enough space
> to copy the entire CD-ROM onto my DOS/WIN partition.  What files do I
> need to copy over to the DOS/WIN partition to get this install to
> work.  I will be trying to install other components so I need to do
> the same thing for them too.
>
> Any help would be apprciated.

You need the bin-directory on CD-ROM. In it there is an install.sh.
Source it in. "cd wherever_it_is/bin ; . install.sh" and see what
happens! (the bin-directory is about 35 MBytes, you better back-up
your /etc Directory since installing /bin will overwrite it. After
installing switch to the saved /etc.